Pets are everywhere. You see them on the internet, from funny cat videos to animal fails, you see them out in public, and you probably have heard the infamous saying: adopt, don’t shop! Owning a pet is considered normal in today’s world, and many pet owners exist around the globe. Pets are wonderful creatures, but too many pets can be a hassle. Are you considering getting a pet? Here is a simple pros and cons list to help you make your decision!
- In-home waste. Most pets require a bathroom space. That bathroom space is determined on what kind of pet you get. Most dogs do their business outdoors, or on “pee-pee pads” in the house. Other pets, such as cats or rodents, do their business in a designated area. This could mean a little box, or this could mean their cage. Either way, their waste is in your home, and you have to maintain it.
- Training. At some point, each pet will require some training. Training pets can go really well, or they can be extremely difficult. What determines the difficulty of the training is dependent on both the pet and the owner. This is also a great time for both pet and owner to create a bond together, but you may need to have someone help you train your new pet.
- Money. Owning a pet is not something that is cheap. The initial set up for any pet is probably the most expensive cost you will pay, unless your pet becomes ill. The financial aspect of owning a pet is not always brought up, because it is simply a given. When searching for your pet, take into consideration not only the adoption cost, but the cost of their food and other materials as well.
- Cute. Even if you do not currently own a pet, you have probably called one cute in the past—and this is true! Pets are so cute, and are wonderful creatures. They are soft and comforting, but also entertaining.
- Forever a Companion. Forever is a bit of a time stretch for a pet, as most pets do not live past their humans’ life. However, for the pet’s whole life time, you will have a forever companion. No matter what pet you get, they will be forever loyal to their owner. As long as you spend valuable time with your new pet, you will always have a companion.
- Happiness. You will never know unconditional love until you get a pet. These creatures do not care if you stink, or if you are having a bad day, or even if you look like you just rolled out of bed. Pets do not care about that stuff, they only care about you. They provide you with loads of daily happiness that will brighten your day, every day.
Pets are wonderful creatures, and wonderful companions. Always do your research before getting a pet, and make sure they are compatible with you. You will find the perfect pet, and when you do, get ready for years of happiness and love!